GAF Advancing Innovation in Roofing Industry with Technology-Driven Product Showcase at 2018 International Roofing Expo (IRE)
February 5, 2018
Company to present leading-edge materials and digital solutions aligned with shifting customer preferences and purchasing behaviors
Parsippany, NJ (2/5/2018)— GAF, North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer, will feature a portfolio of cutting-edge products and digital platforms that improve product durability and enhance the sales process for contractors at the 2018 International Roofing Expo (IRE) on Feb. 6-8 in New Orleans. The company will introduce a new line of stain-resistant shingles that preserve the aesthetics of the roof by preventing the growth of blue-green algae, and will also showcase a suite of enhanced digital sales and project visualization tools.
“Innovation is at the heart and soul of our business, which is why GAF continues to invest in the latest technology and solutions that allow us to stay ahead of the curve to meet evolving customer demands and purchasing behaviors,” said Jim Schnepper, GAF President. “IRE represents a critical opportunity for GAF to demonstrate how these new developments provide added value by transforming the way contractors do business and interact with their customers.”
At IRE, GAF will showcase how it has leveraged more than 130 years of roofing expertise to develop a slate of new offerings for its extensive network of the top quality contractors and the millions of customers they serve, including:
• STAIN RESISTANT SHINGLES: Seeking to reduce the prevalence of unsightly shingle discoloration caused by blue-green algae growth, which impacts 80 percent of U.S. homes, GAF is introducing StainGuard Plus™ Technology – a proprietary time-release copper ion technology that releases 10x as much stain-fighting copper as our traditional copper coated mineral granules to better resist the growth of algae. This technology is currently available on Timberline Ultra HD® Stainguard Plus™ labeled Shingles and is backed by a 25-year limited warranty against blue-green algae discoloration.
• VIRTUAL SALES TOOL: Convenience and flexibility continue to drive the shift towards e-commerce, which is transforming the contractor-homeowner relationship. Seeking new ways to streamline the roofing sales cycle, GAF has partnered with One-Click Contractor, a web-based, remote sales platform that connects homeowners and contractors virtually, from any device with internet access, saving contractors significant time and travel costs while allowing homeowners the convenience of shopping for a new roof on their schedule.
• MOBILE, 3D VISUALIZATION APP: The GAF e360 3D Visualizer and Estimator app, powered by HOVER, transforms smartphone photos of any home into a fully measured, customizable 3D model so contractors can save time measuring, provide an accurate estimate, and help homeowners easily visualize the final product. GAF contractors using the e360 app cited significant benefits, including increased project closing rates, reduced waste, and labor time savings. GAF and HOVER will highlight new offerings at the GAF booth.
• HIGH-STRENGTH ROOFING ADHESIVE: Following the record storm year in 2017, GAF continues to be the leader in Advanced Protection roofing products. GAF will reveal a new video demonstration illustrating how its DuraGrip™ shingle adhesive helps withstand high winds and other extreme weather conditions.
• NEW COATINGS SOLUTIONS: The U.S. Silicone coatings market is growing by double digits. To best service the market, GAF will feature several new innovative products for commercial roofing applications, including new Silicone Flashing (a quick and easy way to flash various penetrations) and PMMA Flashing (which works in conjunction with asphaltic membranes to provide protection against water infiltration). These items are included in GAF’s “Coatings Coach” application, which allows the user to better understand the best liquid applied solution for their specific roofing challenge.
“These advancements are just the tip of the iceberg for GAF in 2018, as we continue to reinforce our focus on digital and roofing technologies that propel the industry forward,” said Paul Bromfield, GAF CMO. “We will continue to expand our leadership role, such as through deployment of machine learning and other customer engagement technologies that bring leads to our contractors. We anticipate this will be a significant year of evolution and growth for our organization, our contractors and the roofing industry collectively.”